Guinness “Half & Half” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF TEXAS TO ENTER. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. This sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) on February 1, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 31, 2017. Persons may only enter the sweepstakes on-line; internet access and a valid e-mail address are required to enter the sweepstakes. Go to www.GuinnessHalfandHalf.com and provide your name, phone number, e-mail address, region of residence from among one of the provided options and birth date. Then, submit completed entry form as directed.
All entries must be received no later than March 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. (CT). One entry per person. Receipt of entry will be acknowledged. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address indicated on entry form.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of a website (or mobile website) visitor to enter on-line; or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winners. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the sponsor and will not be returned.
2. Prizes: TWO HUNDRED (200) Weekly Prizes (24 winners per week for each of the first 8 weeks of the Sweepstakes and 8 winners the final week of the sweepstakes**) will be awarded. Weekly Prize Winners will each receive one (1) Guinness pouring spoon, one (1) Gravity Glass (NOT personally engraved) and one (1) Half & Half recipe card. Alcohol beverages are NOT part of the prize. Weekly Prizes will only be shipped to a street address within the State of Texas; but, various prize elements may be shipped separately, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value of each Weekly Prize: $25.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $5,000.
** Should circumstances warrant (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor reserves the right to modify the number of prizes awarded each week of the Sweepstakes so as to achieve the objective of awarding all 200 Weekly Prizes in the Sweepstakes.
3. Winner Determination: Weekly Prize winners will be selected via random drawings taking place on or about February 8, 2017; February 15, 2017; February 22, 2017; March 1, 2017; March 8, 2017; March 15, 2017; March 22, 2017; March 29, 2017 and April 1, 2017. Each Weekly Prize drawing will consist of all eligible entries received as of 11:59:59 p.m. CT on the day prior to the date of the applicable Weekly Prize drawing. (For the avoidance of doubt, non-winning eligible entries will be retained for subsequent weeks' Weekly Prize drawings, as applicable). Weekly Prize drawings will be conducted by Avid Marketing Group (“AMG”), an independent third party whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning Weekly Prizes will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Prize drawing (regardless of region of residence in Texas indicated on entry). Weekly Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about February 9, 2017; February 16, 2017; February 23, 2017; March 2, 2017; March 9, 2017; March 16, 2017; March 23, 2017; March 30, 2017 and April 3, 2017; and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where legal) within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at sponsor's sole discretion. If Weekly Prize Winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within five (5) days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at sponsor's sole discretion.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) must be provided to AMG before prize can be received. No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit has been received by AMG.
4. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of the State of Texas who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: DIAGEO – Guinness USA Inc., AMG, and (as applicable) their respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion; prize must be accepted in its entirety, as awarded. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Actual Guinness pouring spoon and/or Gravity Glass awarded as prize may differ from depiction of items in Sweepstakes advertising. Limit of one (1) Weekly Prize per family, address or household per Weekly Prize drawing. Prize(s) is/are non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize(s) are winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of prize winners. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners from any prize element, based on the background check. By accepting the prize(s), winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize(s), any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize(s) and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize(s). Winners also accept sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize(s).
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor and Facebook harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto). WINNERS AGREE THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED PURPOSE, REGARDING THE GUINNESS POURING SPOON OR THE GRAVITY GLASS.
The value of the prize(s) won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize(s). Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guest(s), heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties, as well as Facebook, from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner’s Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion at any time without notice or further obligation.
6. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries (including entries made on mobile website*) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for on-line entries (including entries made on mobile website) not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of on-line entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of on-line entries (including entries made on mobile website) in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING MOBILE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
*If entering via mobile website, wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via mobile website. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
7. Winners’ List: For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Avid Marketing Group, Attn: Guinness Half & Half Sweepstakes– DIA27340”, P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winners’ list must be postmarked by May 1, 2017 and received by May 15, 2017.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Sponsor: DIAGEO – Guinness USA Inc., Norwalk, CT.
Please Drink Responsibly.
DIAGEO-Guinness USA, Norwalk, CT.